- Sign up for a Self-Defense course and get a free week of Martial Arts training at Vision Martial Arts Center
University Safety 101
Our UNIVERSITY SAFETY 101 Course will give your college bound student ( girls and boys) the tools they need to be smart and stay safe!
1 in 4 college students will experience sexual assault during their college years!
- DORM/CAMPUS SAFETY
- PERSONAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- DATING Do’s and Don’ts
- DRINKING AND DRUGS
- SEXUAL ASSAULT DEFENSE
- ACTIVE SHOOTER
PLUS, review of the 5 Certain T’s, Prevention, De-escalation, Escapes and destroy techniques to assure faster response time and effectiveness.
Session 1: June 2th
Session 2: July 21th
Session 4: August 18th
1:00 - 4:00 pm
These dates don’t work? Have your own going away self-defense party with friends and family at your home!
Corporate Team Building
Looking for a team building activity that is a little outside of the box? Then a self-defense class is just what your team needs. We'll provide you with an important and informative yet fun activity for your staff that will leave your group feeling much more safe, confident and empowered. And they'll have a great time while doing some serious team building as well.
The class can be held at our beautiful and spacious facility or at your location and will be taught by Diane Reeve, 8th° Black Belt (see www.vmacplano.com for bio). We will cover:
Awareness and prevention.
Participants will learn four certain "T's" of self-defense.
- Trust your instincts
- Be a Tough Target
- Think ahead
- Be Tenacious
Management of aggressive behavior
Learn how to de-escalate a person who is verbally out of control. This will include a role-play exercise that will get everyone's adrenaline pumping and roaring with laughter. Plus, it provides an energizing outlet for stress relief!
Escape and destroy techniques
Simple yet highly effective techniques that let you easily slip through an attacker's grasp, or deliver a strike or kick that disables them so they let go and want no part of you ever again!
A self-defense game that will allow participants to show off their newly attained skills. In addition, it's a great team building/ bonding experience.
Optional board break.
A real -world empowerment tool, (especially for women) to get them in touch with their inner "Wonder Woman" or "Superman" for the guys. It's amazing how a person crystallizes their confidence with just the crack of a real piece of wood.
Program fee is is based on the number of participants for the 2-hour program and board break. Also included for each participant is a free refresher course at any regularly scheduled self-defense class at VMAC (up to 6 months after the initial class.) The date is guaranteed upon receipt of a 50% down payment for your group. Payment of the balance is due on the day of the event.
Women’s Self Defense
If you are a woman in today’s world you have probably wondered “What would I do if…”
- I’m at home alone and someone breaks in
- I’m jogging and someone pulls me to the ground
- I’m in a parking lot and a guy pulls a gun
If these or other frightening scenarios have ever crossed your mind, you probably became concerned – but you may have tried to convince yourself that the “odds are slim” or you are “just being silly”.
Well, it’s time to put those fears and worries to rest once and for all! You don’t have to be a Black Belt or an MMA fighter to defend yourself effectively. All you need is a few simple techniques that will allow you to either readily escape or to disable the attacker to make your escape possible.
Our 2 hour Women’s’ Self Defense (WSD) Program does just that. Held at your home or our martial arts school with a group of your friends and/or family members, our Self-defense “parties” are not only enlightening and empowering, they are actually fun!
In a couple of hours, you will learn:
- Awareness and Prevention (90% of self-defense is not being chosen as a target).
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Deescalating the verbally aggressive stranger, friend or co-worker.
- Escape techniques to free you from the grasp of a predator
- Sexual Assault Defense – plus how to spot red flags of a potential abuser in an acquaintance or relationship.
- Destroy techniques that quickly and effectively disable an attacker – even one who is bigger and stronger.
Let 8th Degree Black Belt Diane Reeve show you how to be confident, prepared and empowered for the rest of your life in an environment that promotes validation and fun!
It costs less than you’d pay for a nice pair of heels- or training shoes. And unlike a pair of shoes, this knowledge will be at your fingertips any time or place you need it. You’re even less likely to need it once you take the course. You have health insurance, car insurance and maybe even life insurance. Now get safety insurance and feel really protected for the rest of your life!
We also offer monthly womens self defense class from 2-4pm: 2/17, 3/17, 04/14, 05/19, 6/16, 7/21, 8/18, 9/19, 10/20, 11/17
Self Defense For Girls, Middle School-High School
As a parent, you likely have been concerned about the safety of your budding teenager. No parent wants to envision such a nightmare, but our children are not with us 24/7 and we have the responsibility to teach them to protect themselves when we are not there. In conjunction with Office Chris Bianez of the Plano Police Department, 8th degree black belt and owner of Vision Martial Arts Center (and The Action Self-Defense) Diane Reeve will provide a comprehensive program of self-defense.
While Plano PD promotes information on awareness and prevention and other key safety guidelines, Reeve covers how to spot red flags of a potential abuser and emotional aspects of relationships that can be detrimental. She then goes into the techniques that can make the difference between being a victim and a survivor. Included in her 2-hour program:
- The 4 certain “T’s” of self-defense
- The three stages of defense
- Management of Aggressive Behavior – how to de-escalate aa person verbally out of control into someone who is no longer a potential physical threat
- Multiple escape techniques against a variety of holds
- Wrist grab
- Bear hug
- Rear forearm choke
- Being pulled to the ground
- How to properly yell to demonstrate that the attacker has chosen the wrong person
- Destroy Techniques against an attacker where the only option is to disable them to get away
- Strikes that do not require extensive martial arts training to be effective
- Use of knees and elbows to render an attacker incapable of continuing
- Kicking techniques which will prevent pursuit by an attacker
- Participants will have the opportunity to practice the above on Body Opponent Bags (Sturdy, upright head and torso of simulated attacker)
- Participants will practice under the guidance of Ms. Reeve and her Black Belt assistant to assure that the technique is completely understood and performed properly
- Safety is continually stressed and monitored
- Despite the serious nature of the program, participants will be in a relaxed and fun environment that most effectively promotes learning. No subject or question is off limits and with 30 years of teaching experience, Reeve has the depth of knowledge to address any and all concerns.
NOTE: We do not use real “bad guys” dressed up in padded black suits who will wrestle you to the ground with the expectation that you fight your way out. Those scenarios often intimidate or even frankly frighten teen girls (and sometimes women) and are not necessary for young women to learn how to effectively defend themselves. Our goal is to empower, not to terrify.
Here is what a few of our participants have said:
- Thanks so much to Diane for the wonderful presentation. She made the self-defense seem easy and doable
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for teaching me in self-defense class on Saturday. I really enjoyed learning from you – you are so good at what you do and you make it so much fun! I love how you themed our class on "empowerment"
- I just wanted to personally thank you for a wonderful and informative two-session self-defense lesson! Your personal attention and heart-felt concern for my safety made me feel safe and absorb what you taught me much more than I ever anticipated. You are an inspiring soul!
- This was great! I really feel more self-confident!
- Fun, informative and necessary program - I would recommend it to everyone
Finally, all participants are welcome to attend any regularly scheduled self-defense program at no charge as a “refresher” to the initial program.
For tips on protecting yourself, Physically, Emotionally and Sexually in a relationship, go to www.datestronger.com. If you or someone you know has been or may have been sexually assaulted a list of resources is available on the site.
Dad And Daughter Safety
Many dads in the North Texas area worry because their daughter(s) seem to be unconcerned about safety issues. The girls are “living in a bubble” of relative safety, but we all know the world can be a dangerous place, particularly as a young lady begins to date or goes off to college.
Our DADS class is a way to decrease dads (and moms) worries and increase their girls (or boys) confidence and ability to stay safe by fighting back effectively. It is a comprehensive program that covers:
- Awareness and Prevention
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Escapes from Chokes, Holds and Grabs
- Disabling Techniques
As well as:
- Dating Safety
- Driving Safety
- How to Expect Respect
- Difference in Back Off vs. Disable Techniques
- Use of Personal Alarms and Safety Apps
- Guidelines for Healthy Relationships
Appropriate for girls and boys ages 13-19, this three-hour course gives them the tools they need to feel strong, savvy and safe. And with Dads participating, they can continue to reinforce the knowledge and techniques long after the class is over – an extra measure to ingrain the information so it becomes second nature.
And Dads, if you think your daughter will give you the “oh Dad” eyeroll-she probably will. But, once she sees how this course changes her confidence, her awareness and her preparedness, she will thank you for keeping her safe. (And she will also be grateful because you selected a woman instructor.)
This course can be incorporated as part of educational requirements for Girl Scouts (Safety Badge), National Charity League (NCL on-going education), soccer/volleyball/other sports teams, church groups or just close friends.
Call today to set up your group. We offer flexible scheduling plus a wonderful bonding experience; your location or our beautiful martial arts school.
Travel Self Defense **(cancellation policy)
*Small non-refundable deposit required and will be applied to total class fee.
- Awareness & Prevention
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Environmental Weapons
- Cars / Buses / Hotels / Buildings / Planes
- Defense Against Weapons
- Use of Protective Devices
COLLEGE SELF-DEFENSE **(cancellation policy)
3 Hour Class (Minimum of 6 people registered required for class to be held)
*Non-refundable deposit required and will be applied to total class fee.
A three hour course covering safety tips for all aspects of college life:
- Personal Property
- Social Media
- Sexual Assault/DFSA (Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault)
- Escape & Destroy Self Defense Techniques
- Active Shooter
- Emotional Protection in Relationships
Not your mom’s tupperware party!
- Host 6 or more friends and your class is FREE!
- Number of hours is flexible - 1, 2, or 4 hours
- Discounts for groups of 10 or more.
- Held in your location or at our beautiful facility!
- Improve your odds of survival
- Boost your self confidence
- Gives you the courage to stand up for yourself
Fun, Food, and a Feisty Attitude!
Call us to customize a special party for you and your friends!
Our top priority is getting you the self defense training you need to better protect yourself. If you have a scheduled class and will be unable to attend, call at least 48 hours in advance to let us know. If you have provided that notification, we will try to move you into the next class with registered students. Deposits and payments are non-refundable and reschedules will only take place with at least 48 hours notice.